December 24, 2007

Crash!

While you have probably heard me speculate on the state of our economy, I felt it important to dig a little deeper and find out exactly what is going on. I will write up an article after I have gathered some more information, but I wanted to share some of what I found so far.

Fed Pumps $41B Into US Financial System.
Western banks suffer big losses.
Citigroup Falls to Four-Year Low After Analyst Cuts(Update6).
Markets fear banks have $1 trillion in toxic debt.
Crisis may make 1929 look like a 'walk in the park'.

Post Script: Best rant ever, Keith Olberman.

and this

Also interesting, and disgraceful.

"The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility and out of self-interest for himself, his family, and the future of his country to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state. Resistance need not be violent, but the civil disobedience that might be required involves confrontation with the state and invites possible imprisonment." -Ron Paul

No comments: