May 4, 2009

Raped because I’m white

A DEVASTATED young mum has told how she was raped by an illegal immigrant - because he enjoyed hurting white girls.

Brave Sarah Douglas waived her right to anonymity to relive her terrifying ordeal at the hands of Amos Moobeng and stormed: “This racist should be shipped back home to rot in jail.”


FURY: Sarah wants attacker deported now


RAPIST: Moobeng went on run


NOW: With Dave and baby

Sarah, 20, came forward after the South African was sentenced to nine years in prison for holding her hostage before raping her after she went to his flat with a pal.

The judge told the court Moobeng, 35, “deliberately targeted two white females”.

But Sarah believes the monster has not been punished enough. “It makes me sick to think that this evil man came over specifically to rape and assault white girls,” she said. “He should be booted out of the country.

Justice

“Instead, while he has shattered my life, he has the dream life he came here for - a comfy bed, a TV to watch whenever he likes and hot food three times a day. Where is the justice in that?”

Police figures have revealed that immigrants are carrying out one in six rapes in Britain - and an astonishing one in THREE in London. And last month it was revealed Romanian Ali Majlat attacked a British woman so he could go to jail because his rapist elder brother wrote to him saying how cushy life was in our prisons.

Moobeng was on the run after his visa ran out when he targeted Sarah and her pal at a hotel bar in Exeter.

"He came over with his friend Benson and was being very over the top and flirting with my friend," said Sarah. "I was pleased for her. She'd been single for a long time so I went along with it when he suggested we go to a club."

She only found out through Benson's trial evidence why Moobeng was so interested. "He said Moobeng had been making fun of me and my friend as soon as he saw us because we were white. He wanted to hurt us because we were white."

Six-footer Moobeng then invited the girls back to his flat for a nightcap. It was there he pounced. Sarah said: "He jumped on top of me and started kissing my neck but I kicked him off. I told my friend I wanted to go home before storming into the bathroom.

"The next thing Amos literally ripped the bathroom door from its hinges and shouted, 'Get out of there now'. Then I saw him grab my friend and whack her round the face three times. I screamed at him to leave her alone. He just stared at me." The girls fled the flat but in the panic Sarah lost her pal. She made the mistake of going back to find her. Moobeng was waiting.

"I heard the locks turn on the front door behind me when I went inside. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me upstairs into a bedroom. He locked that door too. I was screaming, crying and kicking.

"He slapped me around the face and then ripped off my clothes and raped me.

Grabbed

"All I could do was shut my eyes and scream and scream. He was so strong and no matter what I did I just couldn't free myself. I thought I was going to die.

"Afterwards I ran towards the window to try and jump out but he grabbed me and threw me back on to the bed.

"I kicked and screamed but he pinned me up against the wall and punched and punched at me until eventually I must have passed out." When she came to, she ran out of the flat to discover police - called by her friend - waiting.

Their sniffer dogs found Moobeng crouching behind the building but when arrested he gave a false name. He later jumped bail after the attack in 2007 but was tracked down to Edinburgh.

He was convicted of rape, false imprisonment and assault. Moobeng was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life and was told he would be deported after serving his sentence.

Now Sarah is trying to piece her life back together and has managed to find love since the attack. She and her partner Dave Koker, 23, have just had a baby girl.

"I'm trying to move on, but I still have nightmares," she said. "If I hear a man with a foreign accent I shake with fear.

"That man was pure evil and should never have been allowed into this country to attack me in the first place."

No comments: